Born in 1964 in Norway. Lives today in Salzburg, Austria.
Has worked in Specialty Coffee since 1996.
Certified WCE Judge in WBC and Brewers Cup
WCE Representative since 2015.
Judging Experience includes:
– WBC 2012 Vienna as Sensory Judge,
– CIGS World Finals 2013 Nice as Sensory Judge
– Cezve / Ibrik World Finals 2013 as Sensory Judge
– Cezve / Ibrik World Finals 2014 & 2015 as Head Judge
– WBC 2015 Seattle as Sensory Judge
– World Brewers Cup 2015 Gothenburg as Sensory Judge
– World Coffee Roasting Finals 2015 Gothenburg as Sensory Judge
– WBC 2016 Dublin as Sensory Judge
– World Brewers Cup 2016 Dublin as Head Judge.
Judging since 2008 National Finals in all competitions in several European countries : the last three years more as Head Judge. In 2016 HJ in 12 countries.
Owns and runs “Kaffee-Alchemie” coffee shop in Salzburg, Austria
Works as Barista, Trainer and Consultant.
Part of the International Jury in Cup of Excellence in Honduras 2008, Bolivia 2009, El Salvador 2010, Nicaragua 2011, Burundi 2012, Rwanda 2013, Colombia 2014, Costa Rica 2015.
John speaks Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, German, and English, and understands and speaks some French.