Competition Body FAQ

Can someone just decide to organize a competition?

No – all of the WCE Rules & Regulations are WCE’s intellectual property and can’t be used without consent. The Competition Body is the only entity that organizes the competitions.

How do I form a Competition Body?

There are a number of requirements that must be met for an organization to become licensed. Please refer to the new competition bodies section of this document: Requirements for Competition Bodies

What steps do I need to do to organize my competition?

Please follow each of the steps outlined in the Competition Body Procedures document.

Who should I contact with questions about events, reps, licensing, or any other issues?

Please reach out to the designated Specialty Coffee Association Community Managers for your region:
Americas: Mansi Chokshi
Europe, Middle East, Africa: Jackie Malone
Asia & Oceania: Kyonghee Shin

Where do I find a list of the WCE Representatives?

You can find a list of WCE Representatives here.

What if I can’t find an available WCE Representative?

A WCE Representative is mandatory (except for Cup Tasters); if you are struggling to find one, please email [email protected]. Make sure you allow enough time for Representatives to be able to make travel arrangements, as they are all committed volunteers!

Do I need to pay the WCE Representative?

No – they are all volunteering their time and expertise. You do however, need to cover all of their expenses: travel / local transportation / lodging / all meals.

The event is finished – anything else?

Yes! Please fill out the Post Event Report as soon as possible—it is the only way we will be able to confirm the champion. This form is available from the Competition Body Tools page.

How should the champion register for world events?

The champion registration is usually open about 2 months prior to the world competitions. The champions should fill out their registration personally, and WCE will only be able to confirm them once we receive the Post Competition Report.

Can we use the WCE logos for our events?

No – there are special logos authorized for National Competitions. For logos as well as usage indications, please email [email protected].

Staff  have changed internally within our CB. How can we change the contact information on the WCE Website?

You can update this information using the Contact Update Form on the Competition Body Tools page.

How long is the CB License “valid”?

The CB License is usually an ongoing agreement and does not need to be actively renewed.

If there are abnormalities such as (but not limited to):

  • Lack in communication or responsiveness to WCE,
  • Not paying the CB Licensing Fee on time,
  • Not following the procedures indicated (Forms etc),
  • Clear complaints coming from either local community or WCE Representatives of events not being run according to WCE Standards

WCE may decide to review / revoke the License at any time.